About :: Who We Are
LifeBridge Church is a Bible-focused, service-oriented, family of faith, passionate about knowing God, demonstrating love to all people, engaging our community, and impacting our world. Our Statement of Faith expresses our understanding of the major principles found in the Bible.
LifeBridge Church, formerly known as Rancho Bernardo Baptist Church, is a member of Converge Worldwide, an international, Christian network, once called the Baptist General Conference, which was founded by Swedish immigrants in 1852 and today consists of nearly 1,000 churches. Each local congregation operates autonomously and is responsible for its own ministry functions. At the same time, local churches cooperate with other Converge churches to accomplish larger ministry goals.
The United States branch of Converge Worldwide is divided into several regional conferences. LifeBridge Church is a part of Converge Southwest, formerly the Southwest Baptist Conference, which covers Southern California, Arizona and parts of Texas.
Our mission is to lead people into a life-changing, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Our vision is to become an integral part of God’s plan to transform San Diego’s North County into a community where lives are changed, leaders thrive and churches are starting everywhere.
Once we have placed our faith in Jesus Christ, He calls us to develop an ever-deepening relationship with Him. We call the pathway we follow toward that deeper relationship with Jesus Christ the G-4 Pathway. On it, we…
- Biblically-Guided: We believe the Bible is the word of God without error, our compass for everything we say and do.
- Multi-Generational and Multi-Ethnic: We cherish the synergy that comes from people of all ages and backgrounds pursuing one mission in a community of loving relationships.
- Outwardly-Focused: We strive to meet the needs of those inside and outside our church, but choose to serve guests first and ourselves second.
- Missionally-Driven: We place mission ahead of methods, encouraging teams to use excellence and innovation to honor God and reach people.
- Evangelistically-Effective: We believe the best outreach happens when people invite people to participate in authentic community.
- Spiritually-Growing: We urge everyone to seek a transforming, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and to use his or her gifts in ministry.
- Results-Minded: We measure progress by the increase in multiplying Christ-followers, emerging leaders, and new churches.
- Thankfully-Generous: We seek to give generously of our time, abilities, and treasures to God’s kingdom out of gratitude to Him for what He has done.